Five notorious Port Stephens black spots will receive a total $3.25 million in federal funding for safety upgrades following a Federal Government announcement.
It’s worth it for your business.
Phone us – (02) 4981 8882.
Email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful grant application will enable essential safety upgrades of Grahamstown Road at Medowie, Duns Creek Road at Duns Creek, Lemon Tree Passage Road at Salt Ash, Soldiers Point Road at Salamander Bay and Gan Gan Road at Anna Bay.
Council’s Asset Section Manager John Maretich says these projects have been selected due to the number and nature of crashes recorded at each site.
“Council’s successful funding application will help to create safer roads for all users across Port Stephens by helping to reduce the number and severity of incidents at 5 key black spots.
“The project teams are currently producing detailed designs and we’ll share these with nearby businesses and residents over the coming months,” he said.
Works on Grahamstown Road, Lemon Tree Passage Road and Soldiers Point Road will take place in the 2020 to 2021 financial year.
Upgrades to Duns Creek Road and Gan Gan Road have been funded over 2 years to allow for longer design, environmental and community feedback. Construction is due to take place in the 2021 to 2022 financial year.
“We will be back in touch directly with local residents once we have further developed the planned scope and detail of the projects,” Mr Maretich said.
“I encourage residents to keep an eye out for the community information sessions to learn more and ensure their feedback is considered in the planning stages,” he added.
Project locations and information:
- Grahamstown Road, Medowie (sailing club to Wade Close intersection): project will include super elevation, sealed shoulder, wide painted profile centre line, new advisory speed signs and edge line.
- Duns Creek Road, Duns Creek (Wallaby Close): project will include new sealing, super elevation and shoulders, guardrail, signage, guideposts and line marking.
- Lemon Tree Passage Road, Salt Ash (Michael Drive area): project will include wide painted centre median, improved sealed shoulder on curve, guardrail, signage and improved street lighting at intersection.
- Soldiers Point Road, Salamander Bay (George Road intersections): project will include improved sealed shoulder, street lighting upgrade, curve signage, additional kerb blisters and line marking
- Gan Gan Road, Anna Bay (Campbell Avenue, Anna Bay Town Centre): project will include installing raised safety platform/intersection incorporating new pedestrian crossings, lighting, pedestrian fencing on kerb and installing stop signs at intersection.