Where is the Myall Coast?
Myall Coast forms the southern most region of the Great Lakes Council area. Also, known as the Myall Lakes or Lower Great Lakes, the Myall Coast communities include the twin township of Tea Gardens and Hawks Nest, the northern town of Bulahdelah set on the backs on the Myall River and Karuah, being at the very southern most point.
Communities throughput the area include North Arm Cove, Carrington, Pindimar, Bundabah, Nerong as well as the township of Stroud to the west.
Arguably the best hidden treasure along the NSW coast. It’s gorgeous, picturesque, relaxing, family friendly, fun, romantic and memorable.
Great Lakes Local Government Area
It’s the ideal place to visit for a short, or extended, getaway since it’s proximity is much closer than people would realise.
- Located 193 kilometres from Sydney’s CBD.
- Located only 54km from Newcastle’s CBD and approximately the same from Maitland.
- Bordering onto the tourism hotspot of Port Stephens, many of the Myall Coast townships are located on and share the great waterway that is ‘Port Stephens’.
- A ferry ride across the Port to Nelson Bay is a regular service.
- To the north, the Forster / Tuncurry is located 60 kilometres away.
- Taree is also only 74 kilometres up the highway.