Bulahdelah Soccer sees two top teams compete

Six rounds in and Le Worthless Peons remain unbeaten at the top of the competition ladder for Bulahdelah Soccer.

Nathan Colver Dark Horses Bulahdelah
Nathan Colver, Dark Horses

With Round Five washed out the previous week teams were eager to get proceedings underway.

The evening’s matches kicked off at 5.30pm on field one with Robyn’s Renegades keen to make amends for their previous outing where they suffered a 4-2 defeat at the hands of 2nd placed Red Rockets FC.

Up against a struggling Barely Legal side the Renegades jumped out to an early lead.

They never looked back as they ran away with this one 14-0.

Most valuable player (MVP) was Rhys Dawes (Robyn’s).

The 6.30pm matches got underway on field one with  inform reigning champions the Dark Horses tackling current title favourites Le Worthless Peons.

In a match that lived up to the hype in a see-sawing affair the Dark Horses looked set to take an early ascendancy with a flurry of chances on goal in the opening stanza of the match, but to no avail as the Peons keeper Christyan Anderson didn’t miss a beat in goals.

With the score locked 0-0 the second stanza was poised for something special.

Easily one of the games of the competition so far the second half delivered with both teams having some great chances to take control of the match with Jacob King running a muck weaving through the peons defence only to be denied yet again by the Peons shot stopper.

With the Dark Horses pressing forward it wasn’t long before the Peons ceased their opportunity on the counter, snatching successive goals before sealing the victory with a third.

In a score line not reflective of how close the game actually was the Peons came away with it 3-0.

MVP Liam Gleeson (Peons).

Field two saw this year’s surprise package Thunder FC continue their run towards a top 4 finish with a 5-0 win over The Blue Marlins.

MVP Bianca Mason (Thunder FC).

The 7.30pm matches got underway on field one with the then unbeaten Smith’s Lake Bottle-O up against Nearly Dead & Desperate who were in search of a much needed win.

In form and full of confidence Smith’s Lake were stunned as first Sharon Denmeade opened the scoring with her first goal of the season before a dominant performance from Dylan Guthrie lead to his first goal of the night, handing the Nearly Dead & Desperate side a 2-0 lead.

As would be expected the Bottle-O side pressed hard to get back into the match and managed to snatch one back but fell short with the match ending 2-1 in one of the biggest upsets to date.

MVP Mal Hunter (Smiths).

The 2nd of the 7.30pm matches got underway on field two with the high flying Red Rockets FC making light work of Manchesthair United 11-0.

MVP Andrew Wood (Manchesthair United).

The competition will resume on Thursday the 8th of January 2015.

Games then will be: 5.30pm Field 1 – Smith’s Lake Bottle-O v Robyn’s Renegades. 6.30pm Field 1 – Le Worthless Peons v Nearly Dead & Desperate. 6.30pm Field 2 – Manchesthair United v Thunder FC. 7.30pm Field 1 – Dark Horses v Red Rockets FC. 7.30pm Field 2 – Barely Legal v The Blue Marlins.

Leave a Reply