Funding cut for ANZAC centennial celebrations in Tea Gardens FEATURED Tea Gardens, Hawks Nest by NOTA - March 19, 2015March 17, 2015 The funding for ANZAC centennial celebrations in Tea Gardens has been halved by the Minister for Veteran’s Affairs. Norm Webber and Barry Whiteman Local coordinator of the Commemoration of ANZAC 2015 celebrations, Norm Webber, said he was “appalled” to learn the $9000 figure put forward by Federal Member for Paterson, Bob Baldwin, had been cut to $4,288. “This savage cut was made without any written reason, just before the Christmas break only some four months prior to our event. Now we have had to curtail the scale of our commemorations,” he said. Norm said plans were being put in place to erect a bronze plaque honouring those from the district who served in the Great War, an enhanced ANAZ Day March and a state wide art competition with the theme ‘The Dawn Service, Tea Gardens 2015’. “Sadly, we not cannot proceed with the art competition, rejigging the library exhibition and revamping ANZAC celebrations,” Norm said. He said the cooperation and involvement of the local community, services and individuals in the service organisations had been strong. “With this help we are determined to ensure these commemorations will be a great success and reflect and honour those who served in the Great War and indeed in all conflicts in defence of our nation.” The revised commemoration timetable will shortly be released.