The old Australian Agricultural Company Road from Karuah to Tahlee dates from around 1826 when the AA company was first established at Port Stephens north of Sydney.
This site contains a copy of portion of the 1845 map drawn by Phillip Parker King showing the road following the same route it follows today with one small exception.
As a bridge had been lost it is not used as a road anymore, so it makes for a really beautiful walking track.
The walk has become an annual event with some of the walkers coming from interstate for the event, with around 85 people signing on for the walk on Sunday 19 April.
Despite the threats of rain the walk when ahead this year with about 85 people taking part from all around.
After enjoying a light cooked lunch in Longworth Park participants set off in guided groups of about a dozen on the approximately 5 kilometre trek to Tahlee.
Allocated guides and participant’s enjoyed afternoon tea and an inspection of historic Tahlee House before being bused back to Karuah via the new route.