A man has been charged after allegedly discharging a firearm during a domestic incident in Port Stephens yesterday.
On Tuesday 5 November 2019, a 40-year-old man was at home on Bombora Close, Fingal Bay speaking with his ex-partner, a 38-year-old woman.
During the afternoon an argument ensued between the two which quickly escalated.
It’s alleged the man produced a pistol and fired a shot inside the home that penetrated through a fly screen and a neighbour’s garage, before becoming lodged in an external brick wall at a premises on Shoreline Drive, Fingal Bay.
Officers from Port Stephens – Hunters Police District where notified of the earlier domestic incident and located the man about 5.15pm at a shopping centre in Salamander Bay.
He was arrested and taken to Nelson Bay Police Station where he was charged with the following offences:
- Fire firearm into building or onto enclosed lands
- Possess loaded firearm endanger life non-public place
- Handle/use firearm under the influence of alcohol
- Stalk/intimidation intend physical harm (Domestic) and possession ammunition without a licence
- Possess unregistered firearm
- Possess ammunition without holding licence/permit
He was refused bail and will appear in Raymond Terrace Local Court today (Wednesday 6 November 2019).