A man is due to appear in court today after being arrested in Swansea this morning.
Police from Lake Macquarie Local Area Command were called to the intersection of Bowman Street and the Pacific Highway about 12.04am(Friday 31 October 2014), following reports of a woman screaming.
When police arrived they spoke with several people, one of whom – a 19-year-old man – was injured.
While police were speaking with the man, it will be alleged they saw a firearm in his vehicle.
When the vehicle was searched, police seized the firearm, a baseball bat, electronic stun gun, knives, amphetamines and cannabis.
The man was arrested and taken to Charlestown Police Station.
He has been charged with:
• Supply a prohibited drug;
• Possess unregistered firearm;
• Possess prohibited drug (two counts);
• Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit;
• Custody of knife in public place;
• Have custody of an offensive implement in a public place;
• Possess unauthorised firearm; and,
• Deal with property suspected proceeds of crime.
The man will be refused bail to appear in Newcastle Local Court later today.