A man remains in custody charged with intimidation and multiple firearm offences after being arrested on a property south of Taree.
Police from Manning-Great Lakes Local Area Command were called to a property on Lambourne Road at Wang Wauk, 50km south of Taree, about 9.40pm (Wednesday 31 December 2014), responding to reports of a domestic violence incident.
Police will allege a 44-year-old man threatened a 46-year-old woman with a knife and shotgun, before assaulting her and discharging the shotgun.
The man was arrested and taken to Taree Police Station where he was charged with
• Stalk/intimidate intend fear physical etc harm
• Destroy or damage property
• Possess unauthorised firearm
• Common assault
• Fire firearm manner likely injure persons/property
• Possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority, and
• Possess unregistered firearm-not prohibited firearm/pistol.
A single-barrel firearm was seized and has been taken for forensic examination.
The man, from Wang Wauk, was refused bail to appear in Taree Local Court on Tuesday 6 January 2015.