A man has been charged after seven cars were allegedly hit by a Mercedes at Redfern.
Around 6.45am (Thursday 15 January 2015), officers from Surry Hills Local Area Command were driving east along Cleveland Street when they saw a Mercedes sedan drive from a side street.
The sedan allegedly collided with a Toyota Hilux utility and Volvo sedan before continuing east on Cleveland Street and hitting five more cars.
The driver allegedly fled the scene and police were alerted.
Following investigations, a man was arrested about 12.30pm at a home in Walker Street, Redfern.
He was taken to Redfern Police Station where he was charged with 13 offences:
• Use offensive weapon to prevent lawful detention
• Drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous
• Assault officer in execution of duty (two counts)
• Resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty (two counts)
• Take & drive conveyance w/o consent of owner
• Goods in personal custody suspected being stolen
• Negligent driving
• Drive while unlicensed
• Steal property
• Not give particulars to other drivers
The 23-year-old Silverwater man was refused bail to appear in Central Local Court today (Friday 16 January 2014).