Detectives from the Firearms and Organised Crime Squad (FAOCS) have seized three guns and arrested a man following search warrants in the Hunter (Tenambit).
As part of an ongoing investigation, police executed search warrants at two properties on Maize Street, Tenambit, around 6am today (Friday 10 October 2014).
During the warrants, officers located and seized:
– A loaded .32 calibre revolver;
– A shortened shotgun;
– A shortened .22 calibre rifle;
– A cross-bow;
– A ballistics vest;
– A small quantity of methylamphetamine; and,
– More than 50 rounds of ammunition.
A 30-year-old man – who resides in one of the properties – was arrested at the scene, before being taken to Maitland Police Station where he was charged with:
– Three counts of unauthorised possession of a firearm;
– Two counts of unauthorised possession of a prohibited firearm;
– One count of unauthorised possession of a pistol;
– One count of unauthorised possession of ammunition;
– Two counts of unauthorised possession of a prohibited article; and,
– One count of drug possession.
He was refused bail and appeared in Maitland Local Court where he was again refused bail to re-appear on Monday (13 October 2014).