Solar Panels for Port Stephens Council FEATURED Port Stephens LGA Port Stephens News by News Of The Area - Modern Media - March 15, 2019 PORT Stephens Council has gone green with the installation of more than 350 solar panels on the roof of its Administration Building in Raymond Terrace. Modern Media: Advertise with News Of The Area and you get your ad in 1) in Print, 2) on the News Website (like this ad), and 3) on our Social Media news site. A much more efficient way to advertise. Reach a HUGE audience for a LOW price TODAY! Call us on 02 4983 2134. Or email@example.com Or CLICK FOR ADVERT QUOTE The 99.96 kilowatt solar photovoltaic system is now in operation, and will reduce annual energy consumption for the building by more than 25%. General Manager Wayne Wallis says it’s a fantastic way to save energy and money. “We want to keep Port Stephens beautiful, as does our community, so it’s important that we use our resources sustainably and efficiently. “Port Stephens Council is always looking for ways to save money and reduce our environmental footprint — and solar is a proven way to make real and lasting savings for us and our community,” he said. Mr Wallis says the investment in solar panels will deliver measurable benefits for Council and the community. “With the addition of 357 solar panels on our Administration Building roof, it’s estimated that we’ll be able to reduce its yearly energy consumption by a massive 25%. “That means a better outcome for the environment and more savings to put into important community services. “Our Administration Building will use approximately 85% of the solar power generated, while the remaining 15% will be put back into the grid on weekends and public holidays when energy use is low. “Port Stephens Council has taken advantage of Federal Government rebates to deliver this project, and it’s estimated that we will achieve a return on investment in about four years, which is a great result,” he said.