WALK on the Wildside Festival at Tea Gardens Hawks Nest is a weekend of outdoor activities for locals and visitors commencing this Friday featuring all types of activities throughout the weekend.
Celebrating the natural environment of the Myall Coast.
Why not take a free guided walk through the spectacular wildflowers and natural environment surrounding the Hawks Nest area.
Hire a kayak from Lazy Paddles Kayaking on the Tea Gardens waterfront.
Listen to a talk on local koalas and birdlife.
Community activities will centre around the Hawks Nest Community Hall on Saturday and Walk on the Wildside bushwalks will depart from this locality as well.
For the energetic, Ride the Wildside by participating in the cycling event which will depart from the Hawks Nest Surf Club on Sunday morning.
These are just a few ideas to help you enjoy the full weekend.
To obtain a full programme, visit the Wildside website www.wildsidefestival.com.au
Walk on the Wildside Tea Gardens Hawks Nest 2014 – Official Program
Wildside – Friday 12 September
- Golf on the Wildside 8:00am for 8:30 start – $24 incl. LUNCH
- Lazy Paddles kayak tour Anzac Park, Tea Gardens 10am, hires 8am-5pm
- Night Spotlighting Walk, Hawks Nest Post Office 7:00pm – FREE
Play a round of Golf on the Wildside on Friday, 12 September 8.00am for 8.30 shotgun start.
$24.00 includes morning tea, game, lunch and one free drink.
Late entries will be accepted by phoning Andrew in the golf pro shop on 4997 0740.
There will be teams of four, mixed, ladies or men with a prize for the wildest dressed team.
Great raffle prizes donated from local businesses.
All money raised will be given to the Tea Gardens Preschool to complete their new extension.
For more information, please go to the wildside festival site www.wildsidefestival.com.au and click on ‘Golf’.
Wildside – Saturday 13 September – from 9.00am
Displays in Community Hall Park -FREE
RFS fire engine, Myall Community Art and Craft, National Parks “hands on”, Lionesses: bric-a-brac, Wildflowers, Wildlife Rescue, GLC Water Catchment, Community Technology/Visitor Information Centre, kids play activities, face painting
PLUS (inside the Community Hall)
photography competition display
Galleries in the Gardens Art Exhibition
TALKS in the “Old Library” – FREE
- Koala Talk (Old Library) 10:00am
- Wildlife Rescue talk (Old Library) 12:00 Noon
WALKS – FREE
- Koala Spotting Walk (from Old Library) 11:00am
- Michael Rowe Memorial Wildflower Walk (National Park Boundary) 2:00pm
LAZY PADDLES kayak tour western boat ramp, Tea Gardens 10:30am, hires 8am-5pm
Performances (Park outside Hawks Nest Community Hall) – FREE
- Myall U3A Choir 12:30pm
- Tea Gardens School & Community Band 1:15pm
- St. Josephs School Choir 2:00pm
Refreshments (Park outside Hawks Nest Community Hall)
- Red Cross tea/coffee & scones
- Lions Club Sausage Sizzle from 11:00am
Wildside – Sunday 14 September
- Ride the Wildside registration 8:00am, bike rides start 9:00am
$10 per adult, kids FREE – includes sausage sizzle
- Swan Bay Wildflowers, Bush Food and Remedies Walk 10:00am – FREE
- Lazy Paddles kayak tour Anzac Park, Tea Gardens 11:30am, hires 8am-5pm