WIRREANDA Public School held their annual Cross Country event this week.
News Of The Area was compelled to share the event with our readers when a number of people individually sent not only requests over our news desk to cover the event, but also emails and calls after the event to share their experiences and praise the organisers.
Principal Philippa Young told News Of The Area, “We were so pleased with all our wonderful students who gave the event their very best and participated with excellent behaviour.”
“Our staff and volunteers once again held a very successful event.”
Children completed an obstacle course within the school grounds, and a lap around the exterior school fence.
Attendance and participation levels in the event were at an all time high, and a lot of fun was had by all the students.
A parent representative volunteer told News Of The Area, “I am so impressed with how the event was run.”
“The kids had so much fun and were encouraged to be active and participate to their own best ability.”
“The staff, teachers and volunteers were so positive and genuinely excited for the children participating, it was really lovely to watch them cheering the kids on as they crossed the finish line,” she said.
WInners in each age and stage group were as follows;
- Talon Warne, Mitchell Hawes , Toby Ruhl, Riley Johnson, Riley Irvine, Taj Foley.
- Owen Johnston, Curtis Mowbray, Cooper McKenna, Aizak Willis-Monk, Lochlan Harding, Cooper Morrison-Rumble.
- Christian Berrick, Liam Turner, Josh Bohan, Bailey Bryce, David O’Donnell, Alex Phillips.
- Kiani Conville, Porsha Burgess, Paige Jones, Amalee Peisto, Taresha Ross, Chloe Brennan.
- Jemma McGrorey-Clarke , Josie Beninga, Clara Bryce, Ashlee Gestrin, Mackenzie Mostyn, Abby Withers.
- Kealey Lennon, Ella Clayden, Sienna Denholm, Elise Grey, Olivia Webster, Lori Micallef.
- Lucas Morgan , Aaron Horan, Ryan Trappel, Will Phillips, Bailey Curtis, Eddie Dolstra.
- Holly Maher, Lily Foster, Memphis Auld, Maddie Beninga, Jordan Wise, Grace Warren.
By Rachael VAUGHAN