Further structural fires cause concern in Bulahdelah

The building well alight.

AFTER a spate of structural fires in Bulahdelah recently, another building has succumbed to the flames.

In the late hours of Saturday 22 April a house on the corner of Stroud and Jackson Streets, Bulahdelah became engulfed with flames with the subsequent fire destroying the residence.

Conquest Carpet CleaningAdvertise with News of The Area today.
It’s worth it for your business.
Message us.
Phone us – (02) 4981 8882.
Email us – media@newsofthearea.com.au

“I awoke late on Saturday night with the dwelling well and truly alight at the time,” neighbour Eric Saville told News Of The Area.

“It burned for many hours before it was put out successfully,” said Mr Saville, with no damage to adjoining properties being reported.

The Fire Brigade was recalled as it was still smouldering many hours later, with the building eventually put out nine hours after the initial outbreak.

The timber residence was built in around 1870 and was one of the last remaining buildings from that era in Bulahdelah.

Many local residents can recall living in the home over the years.

The building was currently unoccupied at the time of the fire.

Additional concerns were raised at the time as the fire had damaged nearby power lines, creating a further hazard.

The cause of the fire has been investigated and there are no suspicious circumstances reported by the investigation team.

The Bulahdelah Rural Fire Brigade would like to thank Tea Gardens, North Arm Cove and Medowie fire services for their assistance in containing this fire.


The remains of the building after the fire.

Leave a Reply